GUIDELINES FOR BOOK MANUSCRIPT
Submission of Book Manuscripts
Book manuscript must be submitted to our team and shall be in accordance with the following guidelines:
- When submitting the final manuscripts, it must be in digital format. We prefer Microsoft Word documents and should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After manuscripts are received, an acknowledgement letter via e-mail will be sent to the author.
- Complete book proposal and manuscript will be evaluated and our team will determine if manuscript is approved for publication.
- Author(s) of approved manuscript will be offered a publishing contract from Alpha Omega Publishing.
- Upon acceptance of the contract by the author(s), the manuscript will be edited by our team and prepared for the publication process.
Quotations and Notes
- All quotations should be documented if at all possible.
- Sources for all quotations should be identified by author or editor, title, publisher, place and date of publication, and original page number(s).
- Identify any quoted poetry or hymn lines by author, title, and the published sources.
- Scripture quotations should be quoted exactly, including exact punctuation and identify version of the Bible used. Sample scriptural reference: “In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth” (Genesis 1:1).
- Diagrams, charts, figures, drawings, and maps should be documented as to the source.
- The author is responsible for requesting permission to quote from copyright holders and shall be responsible for any associated fee.
- Replies granting permissions, or copies of such, should accompany the manuscript or be forwarded upon receipt.
- Permission be secured for the following:
a. Quotation(s) of more than three hundred consecutive words from any work in copyright.
b. Quotation(s) totaling more than 7 percent of any work in copyright.
c. Quotation(s) from any one source representing more than 7 percent of the new publication.
d. Any diagrams, charts, figures, drawings, or maps taken from a copyrighted source.